The very heart of Millwall Rugby Club, you'll be sure to find it full of Millwallians on a Saturday, enjoying drinks and playing games from Gaucho to Jenga as well as talking about the rugby action from that afternoon and enjoying live sport. We regularly host events and dropping in to chat to us is the best way to get involved so come on down!
During the regular season (September - April), the clubhouse is generally open:
Wednesdays from 7-11pm
Saturdays from 3-11pm
Sundays when Venus (our ladies team) play at home
Check our News page for the latest information on Clubhouse openings.
If you have any questions about the clubhouse, please drop our Clubhouse Officer Paul Fisher a line.
History of our clubhouse
In 2007 Millwall acquired the disused railway arches on Millwall Park next to Island Gardens DLR station. Work began in August 2007 with the removal of old equipment that had been laid unused for nearly 20 years. Over the next 2 years walls, floors, piping and new facilities were all laid down. The work was only made possible by the help from many committed volunteers and the clubhouse eventually had its official opening day on 28 March 2009.
In 2009 Millwall RFC were granted permission from the Tower Hamlets Burough Council to play rugby on Millwall Park in front of the clubhouse.
Improvements have continued over the years with the generous help of our volunteers and sponsors. 2018/19 saw the installation of new seating, a full AV system, and general Clubhouse upgrades that ensures a warm, welcoming space for all.
history of The ARCHES
Our Clubhouse is located in a semi-circular arch in what used to be the London Bridge – Greenwich Railway Viaduct. Built between 1834 and 1836, the structure consists of 851 semi-circular arches and 27 skew arches or road bridges. It is the longest run of arches in Britain, one of the oldest railway viaducts in the world, and the earliest example of an entirely elevated railway line.
In the 1900's this was the railway down to the river. The station was called North Greenwich where the rowing club and Calders Wharf are. The railway ceased operation in the mid 1920's. It was left until the DLR put it back into use when it terminated at Island Gardens, where the Equinox building now stands. When the DLR was extended to Lewisham in 2000 it meant tunneling under the Thames and it became unused again.
The Arches in 1987